Tumbarumba has a number of well preserved old buildings, such as the Court
House and the Police Residence which were constructed in the 1880s,
probably as a result of the discovery of gold in the area in 1855 which led
to an influx of population.
Interpretive plaques with some background information on some of the
buildings are placed a key points in the town. The Tumbarumba Historical
Society has produced a small booklet on Walks around Tumbarumba that relate
to events, places and people of historical interest; including one on the
history of the town buildings with a suggested route to follow around town.
This booklet is available from the Tumbarumba Visitor Information Centre
for $5.00 to cover the printing cost.